Lady Queensland’s Pumpkin Scones™
Australia’s Favourite Scone
- With each pack sold 5 cents is donated to the Country Women’s Association of Qld (C.W.A) – Public Rural Crisis Fund. Click here to read more.
- Just add 1 tablespoon butter/margarine (20 g) and 140 ml of water.
- Makes 12 of the best scones in the world.
- No Artificial Colours, Flavours or Preservatives
- Prep time: 3 minutes.
- Cook time: 22 minutes.
- Lady Queensland™ doesn’t disappoint.
What you need:
– 20 g (1 tablespoon) of butter/margarine or 15 ml (14 g) of vegetable oil.
– Kitchen scales or a Tablespoon (20 ml).
– Table knife.
– Mixing bowl.
– Baking tray.
– Measuring cup.
– Baking paper.
– Kitchen grater.
– 4-5 cm scone cutter.
– Air tight container for storage.
– A good attitude ♥
1. Pre-heat a fan forced oven to 180°C (200°C for a conventional oven) with the top shelf ready. Place mixing bowl on the scales then add the contents of this packet and with a course grater grate in 20 grams of cold butter. With a table knife stir in the butter until coated then add 140 ml of water. Continue mixing until there are no dry ingredients left.
2. Turn out dough onto a baking tray and flatten into a rectangle 17 x 13 cm and 1.5 cm thick (important). Cut rectangle in half then each half into thirds then half again to end up with 12. Keep them touching each other, as they help each other rise ♥.
3. Wait for the oven to finish pre-heating (light turns off) then place on the top shelf for 22 minutes. They should be light-medium brown when finished.
4. Remove from oven, allow to cool for a few minutes and serve warm with butter/thickened cream/jam or Vegemite if you’re a true Aussie 😉.
– If you don’t have scales/grater work butter into flour with your fingers.
– Don’t over mix or you will get stones.
– Butter is best but margarine or oil also work.
– Use a 4-5 cm scone cutter for round scones.
– Add baking paper to tray for easier cleaning.
– Set a 22 minute cooking alarm on your mobile.
– For something different, try adding 55 g (1/3 cup or 85 ml) of sultanas, or chocolate chips, or chopped pitted dates or mixed dried fruit. Some like a 1/4 teaspoon (1.25 ml) of vanilla essence.
– Store in a paper towel lined airtight container.
– Reheat in the microwave for 30-40 seconds.
Ingredients: Flour, pumpkin, eggs, sugar, baking powder (rice flour, baking acid (450), sodium bicarbonate (500)), sea salt.
Allergen: Wheat, Gluten, Egg.
Store in a cool, dry environment.
Packed in Australia from local and imported ingredients.