SoilCheck™ is Australia’s most comprehensive soil balancing service. Building on the latest research over the last 5 decades it has become the gold standard in farm soil testing. SoilCheck™ isn’t designed to replace your annual fertiliser inputs but balance the soil so your annual inputs are more effective and can even be reduced over time. SoilCheck™ includes a comprehensive analysis of your soil but also a personalised correction program. Below is a list of what is included in the tests and reports:
• Ideal nutrients levels tailored to your soil type.
• Your nutrient level displayed in easy to read graphs.
• Base saturations and over 30 important soil factors measured and analysed.
• Important soil ratios and your personalised ratios based on your soil type.
• A one to five star soil fertility rating of your soil.
• Professional analysis of deficient and excess nutrients.
• Focused on building nutrient dense food and optimising production.
• A fully customised fertiliser and soil correction program to fix any imbalances.
Free SoilCheck™ report just pay for the standard laboratory analysis fees.
Below are tested (method in brackets) and analysed/reported on the standard SoilCheck™ test:
|Colour||Magnesium (Mehlich III)|
|Cation Exchange Capacity||Magnesium (Morgan)|
|Total Cation Exchange||Calcium:Magnesium Ratio|
|Paramagnetism (P.C.S.M)||Potassium (Mehlich III)|
|pH Level (1:5 water)||Potassium (Morgan)|
|Conductivity (1:5 water)||Sodium (Mehlich III)|
|Organic Matter (Calculated)||Sulphur (KCL)|
|Total Carbon (LECO IR)||Chloride Estimate|
|Total Nitrogen (LECO IR)||Aluminium (Calculated)|
|Carbon:Nitrogen Ratio||Silicon (CaCl2)|
|Nitrate Nitrogen (KCL)||Boron (CaCl2)|
|Ammonium Nitrogen (KCL)||Iron (DTPA)|
|Phosphorus (Mehlich III)||Manganese (DTPA)|
|Phosphorus (Morgan)||Copper (DTPA)|
|Phosphorus (Bray 2)||Zinc (DTPA)|
|Calcium (Mehlich III)|
Before you Start
We have two main diagnostic service options. Please read the benefits and requirements of both so you can pick the best option/s (SoilCheck™/PlantCheck™) for you.
• Long term soil correction (soil balancing).
• Boost health/production of current crop.
• Need to be able to apply powder fertilisers and soil conditioners to the soil.
• Need to be able to apply fertiliser via foliar spray or fertigation (fertiliser in irrigation).
If PlantCheck™ seems more ideal please visit www.biostim.com.au/plantcheck/ or continue reading the SoilCheck™ information on this page. For SoilCheck™ you need to determine if you just want to sample a problem area separately or get a general recommendation over the whole paddock/block. Unless the problem area is large the general recommendation over the whole block is normally recommended. If 10% of the paddock/block has a problem then about 10% of the total soil samples need to come from these problem areas. The same applies is there are large areas in the paddock/block with significantly different soil types.
Soil Sampling Method
• A minimum of 10 soil samples in recommended but more representative samples will give improved results. Only take samples from average growth areas unless there are large problem areas.
• With a spade dig a hole and take a uniform vertical slice 2.5 cm (1”) wide. Take a sample depth of 100mm (3-4”) for pastures and crops or 150mm (6”) for orchard and vineyards. Place into a plastic bucket and mix all 10 samples together thoroughly then take out about 200 grams (1 large handful) and place into a plastic bag. On the plastic bag with a permanent marker write the paddock/block name or other descriptive name if there is a problem.
• Avoid potentially contaminated areas eg gateways, animal tracks, fences, fertiliser/manure dump areas.
• Zig-Zag across the paddock to get a representative area of the whole paddock. In crops/orchards samples should be taken between plants/trees in the row half way between the stem and outer edge of drip line. Be careful not to puncture irrigation lines with spade.
• Before taking the sample remove the surface material such as pasture/weeds or surface litter material so you are sampling soil only.
• It takes about 3 weeks for the laboratory results and recommendations to be prepared.
Pricing, Payment and Postage
SoilCheck™ Standard Tests and Report (NT-PACK-001) $110.00 Inc. GST per sample.
• Molybdenum, Cobalt and Selenium (RA-PACK-009) $33.00 Inc. GST per sample.
• Heavy Metals: Cadmium, Lead, Arsenic, Chromium, Nickel, Mercury, Silver (SS-PACK-045) $55.00 Inc. GST per sample.
Please fill in your credit card details on the sample form HERE (Microsoft Word version HERE) or include a cheque (payable to “Environmental Analysis Laboratory”) for the total. Please complete the other parts of the sample form to be included with your sample/s.
Post samples to the below address with the sample form to:
Environmental Analysis Laboratory
Priority BioStim Customer
PO Box 157
LISMORE NSW 2480
Ph: (02) 6620 3678 Fax: (02) 6620 3957