Most mycorrhiza products sold today only contain endomycorrhiza which limits the spectrum of crops mycorrhiza can be used. MycoGold is a complete balanced mycorrhiza blend including endomycorrhiza, ectomycorrhiza, trichoderma and beneficial bacteria to increase plant compatibility and boost production. Most soils in Australia have had their mycorrhizal population destroyed via over use of pesticides, fallow land, crop rotation and soil degradation. The loss of these mycorrhizal populations has increased the crops reliance on expensive inputs like fertiliser/pesticides and water. Replacing the mycorrhizal fungi can make the crop is less reliant on expensive inputs and still achieve maximum production.
• Decades of research into beneficial mycorrhizal use in agriculture crops.
• Contains endomycorrhiza and ectomycorrhiza for broad spectrum crop species support. 95% of all crops/plants are compatible (list at end).
• Contains trichoderma which has a wide range of plant health benefits.
• Fine 250 micrometer powder for rapid uptake.
• Use less fertiliser.
• Drought resistance.
• Improve soil condition.
• Disease bio-balancing.
• Better plant health.
• Sequester carbon.
• Bigger root growth.
• Improves uptake of nutrients.
• Economical to use.
• 4 species of Endomycorrhizae (Glomus intraradices, Glomus mosseae, Glomus aggregatum and Claroideoglomus etunicatum) – 160 thousand propagules/spores per kilogram minimum.
• 4 species of Ectomycorrhizae (Pisolithus tinctorius, Scleroderma cepa, Rhizopogon roseolus and Laccaria laccata) – 240 million propagules/spores per kilogram minimum.
• 2 species of Trichoderma (Trichoderma harzianum and Trichoderma viride).
• 2 species of Beneficial Bacillus (Bacillus subtilis and Bacillus licheniformis).
• 5 species of Beneficial Bacteria (Azospirillum brasilense, Azospirillum lipoferum, Pseudomonas fluorescens, Pseudomonas putida and Streptomyces cellulosae). – 5 billion cfu per kilogram minimum (Trichoderma, Bacillus and Bacteria total count).
• Also contains humic acid / vitamins and other selected natural ingredients to enhance growth/survival.
• 200 grams or 1 kg foil protected resealable bags. Also in a 10 kg pail.
Turf / Lawns: Apply 1 – 2 g per 1 m² and water into the soil profile. In high value or problem areas the rates may need to be increased to 10 g per 1 m².
Orchard / Vineyard: Apply 10 g per 1 m² around the active root zone(area irrigated normally about 1m² per plant) and water into the soil profile.
Vegetables: 0.25 g per plant and water into the soil profile.
Home Garden: Apply 10 – 50 g per 1 m² and water into the soil profile. A level teaspoon (5 ml) of MycoGold powder is about 3.0 grams.
Nursery: Apply 10 g per 1 m² and water into the soil profile.
Potting Mix (General): 2.5 g per 25 L bag or 30 g per m³.
Seed or Seedling/Cutting Raising Potting Mix: 25 g per 25 L bag or 300 g per m³.
Hydroponics / Aquaponics: Mix into reservoir with regular feeding at a rate of 5 grams per 40 litres of water.
Cuttings: Dip cutting into rooting gel/solution then lightly dip directly into MycoGold powder. Alternatively soak rooting media (cubes) in a MycoGold solution at 1 g per litre of water for up to 24 hours before taking cuttings.
Transplanting: Apply/Dip to water damped roots until covered. Try to apply at least ¼ – 1 teaspoon per plant depending on transplant size.
Seedlings: 0.5 – 2 g per 10 seedling cells. Apply to surface and water into potting mix or apply via watering can.
Tree Planting: 5 g per tree placed directly under the root ball in the planting hole.
Tree Saplings (up to 1 year): 5 – 20 g per tree watered in around the root zone. Apply enough water to carry the mycorrhizal to the root zone.
Trees (Established): 5 g per 1 m². Apply enough water to carry the mycorrhizal to the root zone.
Pasture: 1 kg per hectare per year.
Agriculture Crops: 1 kg per hectare per year.
Agriculture Crops Liquid Inject: 50 – 150 grams per hectare.
Horticulture Crops: 1 kg per hectare per year.
Mycorrhizal Seed Inoculant: 500 grams (small seed) – 1kg (large seed) per tonne of seed. Can be applied as a seed coat or dry powder. To coat seed dampen seed with a fine mist of water while mixing in the powder. Apply no more than 3 litres of solution per tonne of seed for large size seed (grain legumes, cereals) and up to 1 L per 100 kg for small seed (clover, lucerne, ryegrass). Do not wet the seed so it sticks together.
When to Apply and Re-Application:
MycoGold is a good option all year round so apply as soon as you receive the product. MycoGold is a living microbial product so if the host plants are healthy and soil conditions are good (pH close to neutral, low chemical use, adequate soil moisture) MycoGold will naturally multiply without any further inputs. If conditions are adverse, re-application is required. I personally like to re-boost microbe numbers at the beginning of each growing season which is normally in Spring each year.
• Vesicular Arbuscular Mycorrhiza (VAM) is now known as Arbuscular Mycorrhizal Fungi (AMF) as that describes this group of microbes more professionally.
• If applying to irrigation water ensure all filters are operational and emitters can handle 250 micron(about #70 US mesh) powder.
• Store in a cool dry area away and if possible put in the fridge(Not Freezer).
• Shelf-life of one year if stored in a cool dry area.
• Please wear a dust mask when using this product as it is a fine powder. Please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (M.S.D.S) before handling. You can find the M.S.D.S here.
• Do not apply fungicides with this product.
• Glomus intraradices also known as Rhizophagus irregularis. Glomus intraradices also known as Rhizophagus intraradices. Glomus aggregatum also known as Rhizophagus aggregatus. Glomus mosseae is also known as Endogone mosseae or Funneliformis mosseae. Claroideoglomus etunicatum is also known as Glomus etunicatus or Glomus etunicatum. Rhizopogon roseolus also known as Splanchnomyces roseolus. Trichoderma harzianum is also known as Sporotrichum narcissi or Trichoderma lignorum var. narcissi or Trichoderma narcissi. Trichoderma viride is also known as Hypocrea rufa f. sterilis. Bacillus subtilis is also known as Vibrio subtilis or Bacillus globigii. Bacillus licheniformis also known as Denitrobacillus licheniformis or Clostridium licheniforme. Azospirillum lipoferum also known as Spirillum lipoferum. Pseudomonas fluorescens also known as Bacillus fluorescens liquefaciens or Bacillus fluorescens or Bacterium fluorescens or Liquidomonas fluorescens. Pseudomonas putida also know as Arthrobacter siderocapsulatus. Streptomyces cellulosae also known as Actinomyces cellulosae.
Endomycorrhizal Plants (MycoGold compatible): Acacia, Agapanthus, Alder (endo/ecto), Alfalfa, Almond, Apple, Apricot, Arauceria, Artichoke, Ash, Asparagus, Aspen (endo/ecto), Avocado, Bamboo, Banana, Barley, Basil, Bayberry, Beans, Beech (endo/ecto), Begonia, Birch, Black Cherry, Black Locust, Blackberry, Blue Gramma, Box Elder, Boxwood, Brazilian Rubber, Bulbs (all), Burning Bush, Cacao, Cactus, Camellia, Capsicum, Carrisa, Carrot, Cassara, Ceanothus, Cedar, Celery, Cherry, Chickpea, Chilli, Chinese Tallow, Chrysanthemum, Citrus (all), Clover, Coconut, Coffee, Coral Tree, Corn, Cotton, Cottonwood, Cowpea, Crab Tree, Creosote Bush, Cucumber, Currants, Cypress, Dogwood, Eggplant, Elm, Eremophila, Ericas, Erythrina, Eucalyptus (endo/ecto), Fern, Fescue grass, Fig, Flax, Flowers (most), Forsythia, Fountain Grass, Fuschia, Fushia, Gardenia, Garlic, Geranium, Ginseng, Grape – raisin, Grape – table, Grape – wine, Grass Tree, Grasses, Green Ash, Guayule, Hardenbergia, Hawthorn, Hemp, Herbs (all), Hibiscus, Holly, Impatiens, Isopogon, Jasmine, Jojoba, Juniper, Kangaroo Paws, Kennedia, Kiwi fruit, Leek, Lentil, Leschenaultia, Lettuce, Ligustrum, Lilac, Lily, Lucerne, Lychee, Magnolia, Mahonia, Maiden Grass, Mango, Maples (all), Marigold, Melaleuca, Melons (all), Mesquile, Millet, Mimosa, Mint, Mondo Grass, Morning Glory, Mountain Laurel, Mulberry, Myrtaceae, Myrtle, Nasturtium, Oats, Okra, Olive, Onion, Pacific Yew, Palms (all), Pampas Grass, Papaya, Papaya Sumac, Passion Fruit, Paulownia, Paw Paw, Peach, Peanut, Pear, Peas, Pecan, Peppers (all), Persimmon, Petunias, Pistachio, Pittosporum, Plum, Podocarpus, Poinsettia, Poplar (endo/ecto), Potato, Privet, Pumpkin, Raspberry, Redwood, Rephiolepis, Rice, Rock Melon, Rose, Rosemary, Rubber, Rye, Ryegrass, Sagebrush, Salt Bush, Sequoia, Shallot, Snapdragon, Sorghum, Sourwood, Soybean, Spengeri Fern, Squash, Starfruit, Strawberry, Succulents, Sudan Grass, Sugar Cane, Sumac, Sunflower, Sweet Gum, Sweet Potato, Sycamore, Taxus, Tea, Teak, Tobacco, Tomato, Verticordia, Violets, Walnut, Water Melon, Wheat, Willow (endo/ecto), Yam, Yucca.
Ectomycorrhizal Plants (MycoGold compatible): Alder, Aspen, Beech, Birch, Chestnut, Cottonwood, Eucalypt, Fir, Hazelnut, Hemlock, Larch, Linden, Oak, Pecan, Pine, Spruce.
Non Mycorrhizal Plants (MycoGold hasn’t been scientifically proven to be beneficial but won’t cause any harm. Other microbes and ingredients in this product are beneficial to these plants): Azalea, Banksia, Beet, Blueberry, Broccoli, Brussel Sprouts, Cabbage, Canola, Carnation, Cauliflower, Collards, Cranberry, Heath, Kale, Orchid, Protea, Rhododendron, Rush, Rutabaga, Sedge, Spinach.